Tennis FUNdamentals is a program that is instituted in after school activities. From pre-schoolers to middle school – we present and teach the game of tennis! High Performance Sports Management develops new tennis players via junior development programs designed especially for junior tennis players. High Performance Sports Management is one of the best in the business at 10 and Under Tennis, and we take pride in adapting to the needs of younger players and helping them to develop their playing skills.
Why play tennis?
Tennis is the sport for a lifetime! A sport where you can meet people, make new friends, involve your family and connect with them for life – a sport that can be enjoyed at nearly any age and at any skill level!
Not only is it a total body workout but an effective way to promote healthy living!
There are many benefits to playing tennis such as physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Develops anaerobic fitness by offering short, intense bursts of activity during a point followed by rest, which helps muscles use oxygen efficiently.
- Improves speed through a series of side-to-side and up and back sprints to chase the ball.
- Improves focus.
- Improves agility by forcing you to change direction as many as 5 times in 10 seconds during a typical tennis point.
- Playing tennis will exercise the brain through problem solving. It requires alertness and strategic thinking when anticipating your opponent’s next move and planning yours.
- Playing tennis will increase motivation. Regular practices will aid you to stay on track and do what is right for the game. Self-discipline also carries to other aspects of your life such as improved academic performance.
- Tennis develops a work ethic because improvement through lessons or practice reinforces the value of hard work.
- Combats depression, anger, confusion, anxiety and tension.
- Develops social skills through interaction and communication before a match, while changing sides of the court and after play.
- Students learn to solve problems since tennis is a sport based on angles, geometry, and physics.